3.20.2009

I needs my HP fix!

In my quest for fulfillment of the Hypnbarb variety, I found another Post-TDH gem: Memories of War (hosted by both OWL and fanfic.net). And yes, I'm hooked on another one.

In this story, Severus survives: in the 5 chapters that are complete, we do not yet know how or why. And it's not particularly important. Somehow, both Ron and Harry have perished since the war officially ended, presumably in the pursuit of rogue death eaters. But this is only background as well. The main focus is that Hermione is apprenticing under McGonagall in Transfiguration and that she has confined herself to Hogwarts for safety and sanity's sake. Severus has been given a haven in British Columbia that is completely untraceable and unconnected to the wizarding world, where he can try to have a normal, albeit isolated life away from dangers, prejudices, and grudges. Hermione is the one person from his old life who visits him on an infrequent basis. Slowly, a friendship is beginning to blossom.

Hypnobarb has been dazzling me for months since I discovered Looking for Magic (a post Order of the Phoenix story) and I just took a glympse at this work in progress. She's a really wonderful storyteller, and her ability to limit angst in spite of tremendous threat and near peril throughout the story is top notch. Very fulfilling!!

This story was started and left untouched in 2007, but she's back on it! Check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment