3.01.2009

Feelin' the need for some old fashioned Jane Austin style storytelling...

Denial, A Harry Potter Story by little beloved (hosted by fanfic.net). This is a Post-TDH story that has gained a ton of attention in the fanfic community, which I've yet to really infiltrate. There are numerous challenges and contests that I see constant reference to, and am tempted to investigate, but I find myself way too impatient to read the story instead.

Denial is a story about forced marriages in the aftermath of Voldemort's downfall. It is mostly DH (Deathly Hallows) compliant, except that Snape lives, and Hermione was the one to save him. Severus Snape is charged with making sure that eligible bachelors and bacheloretts are appropriately paired. As he is married himself, Hermione and he do not begin the story together, but as she marries a young man who is the son of Severus' wife, they become family. We are 16 chapters in and both marriages are in peril, and Severus and Hermione are working together. All behavior is appropriate and regal, as it would be in Austin's universe. I love this style of storytelling... the chivalry and dignity in the characters is quite refreshing. ;-)

I was delighted to find that little beloved was herself inspired by the best Jane Austin style fic I'd read to date, and lost track of, His Draught of Delicate Poison by Subversa. Not only is she filling a desire for more such storytelling style, she named the story I'd lost and wanted to retrieve to review, so double bonus for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment